Ordering and account management
Suppliers can expect to receive orders from HSV and health services, depending on the product.
As HSV will be a new account for all suppliers, we have included key information – including accounts payable and delivery details – to assist you to establish HSV in your system, whether you are providing stocked items, non-stock or both.
In stage one of HSV’s supply chain operations, suppliers can expect to receive orders from both Melbourne Health and HSV:
- Orders from Melbourne Health will be a continuation of Melbourne Health Logistics operations. The Tullamarine site will continue to be central to HSV’s distribution operations, procuring approximately 80,000 stock and non-stock SKUs.
- In parallel, HSV is continuing to build bulk stock of approximately 1,800 medical consumable SKUs for our new Derrimut Distribution Centre (DC) in preparation for future operations..
In stage two of HSV’s supply chain operations, suppliers can expect to receive orders from HSV and health services only. Any orders from Melbourne Health will be direct orders as required for their use.
HSV has previously entered into Standing Order Agreements with suppliers, under which participating health services purchase goods directly from suppliers under the terms set out in the relevant Standing Order Agreements.
HSV will also facilitate the supply of medical consumables to health services by buying in bulk directly from suppliers and distributing to participating health services under separate HSV service agreements.
HSV will place orders by email or EDI (Electronic Data Interchange) where suppliers have EDI capability. HSV will not use fax for orders.
For further ordering and account management information, please see the following pages:
- Current suppliers
- Prospective suppliers
- Account set up details for HealthShare Victoria
- HSV bulk purchasing arrangements and the regulatory environment
- Electronic Data Interchange (EDI)