HealthShare Victoria (HSV) was established on 1 January 2021 as an independent public sector and commercially-oriented provider of supply chain, procurement and corporate services to partner with Victoria’s public health services and suppliers in delivering best-value health-related goods and services.
HSV brings together the experience and expertise of Health Purchasing Victoria (HPV) and Melbourne Health Logistics and provides significant benefits for Victoria's public health system, including:
- Consistent access to goods:
- Clearer accountabilities and improved coordination of sourcing and distribution of critical PPE, medical supplies
- Greater transparency of critical PPE across health system
- Reduced critical stock distribution inequities at hospitals
- Substantial savings:
- Using state-wide purchasing and economies of scale to generate savings for health services
- Improved quality of care:
- Improving patient outcomes through evidence-based product selection, reduced non-clinically justified variation in product utilisation, and enhanced availability of medical consumables
Announcement by the Minister for Health on 23 September 2020: https://www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/news/transforming-critical-medical-supplies-purchasing-and-distribution.