Contract management course
HealthShare Victoria (HSV) has developed this course for health service staff involved in the sourcing and purchasing of products and services, and the management, operation or administration of contracts. The course covers the end-to-end procurement lifecycle.
The course is designed to promote the importance of the role of the contract manager and improve staff contribution to good contract management and the continuous improvement of the category/s they manage.
The overall objective of the course is to further develop the knowledge of health service staff in the roles, responsibilities and obligations involved in sourcing and contract management.
The course has six modules with training notes available to download as a PDF within each module. Each module should take approximately 20 minutes to complete.
Module 1. Introduction
- Introduction to definition of contract owner and manager
- The key themes of specifications/requirements
- Notes for next time
- Probity and integrity
Module 2. Contract management lifecycle steps 1 to 4
- Opportunity assessment
- Sourcing strategy
Module 3. Contract management lifecycle step 5
- Invitation to supply (ITS)
- ITS documents
- Building specification/requirements of what is required
- Key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Go to market
Module 4. Contract management lifecycle step 6
- Value for money
- How to manage poor past performance
Module 5. Contract management lifecycle steps 7 and 8
- Step 7 Contract transition as we move to a new contract or provider
- Step 8 the various functions and actions of contract management
Module 6. Summary of contract management responsibilities and obligations
- Summary of contract management responsibilities and obligations
- Follow up probity training access and contact details
Access the contract management training
Our online contract management training is accessible via the eLearning platform, ECHO.
If you already have a HSV website account:
- Ensure you are logged on to the HSV website using your existing username and password.
- Select the ‘ECHO’ button from the training section on your dashboard.
- Select ‘My Learning’ to access courses.
If you don’t already have a HSV website account:
- Register as a Health Service user on the HSV website, indicating in the form that you would like to access ECHO training.
- Read the ECHO user guide to understand how to access and use the platform.
For more information, please contact your Customer Relationship Manager or the HSV Helpdesk.
Phone (03) 9947 3900 or email email@example.com.