Medical equipment sourcing
HealthShare Victoria supports health services to source best-value medical equipment that suits the needs of their individual organisation.
The process involves HSV's shared management approach to procurement, establishing pre-qualified supplier panels and giving health services the opportunity to participate in HSV-led sourcing events.
- reduction in time required for sourcing activity using pre-qualified supplier panels
- tailored approaches to suit the needs of health services
- access to guidance, resources and support from the Equipment Sourcing Team
The equipment sourcing process
The HSV Equipment Sourcing Process is designed to be flexible and can be tailored to suit the needs of health services. This process provides three options for procurement activity:
- Health Service Led Request for Quotes (RFQs) or Invitation to Supply (ITS): Health services may conduct end-to-end RFQs/ITS (restricted to panel suppliers) in accordance with the HSV Health Purchasing Policies and their internal procurement procedures with assistance from HSV. HSV can provide a wide range of assistance from general procurement advice through to price benchmarking and negotiation assistance.
- HSV-led RFQs/ITS: HSV can lead an RFQ/ITS on behalf of health services if required in accordance to both HSV and Health Service Procurement Policy. This allows HSV to manage suppliers and to drive improvements in both commercial and technical outcomes.
- HSV Group Buys / Consolidated Purchases: Where opportunities to align and aggregate requirements across multiple health services exist, HSV will conduct a sourcing activity to seek additional volume based discounts and value adds.
To participate in any HSV-led sourcing activity, health services are required to complete a Health Service Participation Form and send the completed form to the HSV Equipment Sourcing Team.
HSV actively assesses equipment demand to identify new sourcing opportunities. Please contact the HSV Equipment Sourcing Team at the earliest opportunity to discuss your requirements.
The following general guides, templates and forms have been developed for health services conducting procurement activity under HSV equipment agreements:
- Equipment sourcing process guide: A guide providing further information on the equipment sourcing process, including a process map and FAQ section.
- Health Service Participation Form: Health services must complete this form to participate in any HSV-led sourcing activity.
- Request for Quote (RFQ) template: Health services may use this template when conducting RFQs under HSV equipment agreements.
- Planned equipment purchases: HSV requests health services complete and submit this template for all upcoming planned equipment purchases within scope of HSV. This assists HSV to maximise aggregation opportunities to conduct HSV Group Buy activities. Please submit via email@example.com or through your HSV Customer Relationship Manager (CRM).
In addition, HSV has further mechanisms and tools to assist health services in reducing the time required for medical equipment procurement activities, including:
- Pre-qualified supplier panels
- Pre-negotiated terms and conditions
- Centralised product catalogues
- Statement of requirements templates
- Contract pricing (including volume breaks) for selected categories
The following links offer more detailed information and resources regarding specific procurement sub-streams:
For more information, contact the Customer Engagement team.