HealthShare Victoria (HSV) is an independent public sector and commercially-oriented provider of supply chain, procurement and shared services that works to support public hospitals and health services in delivering safe, affordable and sustainable healthcare.
- HSV will manage a state-wide supply chain for medical consumables, including personal protective equipment (PPE): Building on the current Melbourne Health Logistics model and the state-wide COVID-19 PPE supply chain, HSV procures and purchases medical consumables and is establishing a new 22,500 sqm central warehouse for Victoria's public health system, ensuring consistent availability and capturing significant discounts for volume commitments and bulk deliveries that significantly exceed the operating costs.
- HSV will coordinate state-wide strategic procurement: Building on the success of strategic procurement exercises in pacemakers and pharmaceuticals, HealthShare Victoria will coordinate procurement processes with strong clinician involvement to harness state-wide purchasing scale to generate significant savings for health services, improve quality of care and patient outcomes through evidence-based product selection and reduced levels of non-clinically justified variation in product utilisation.
- HSV will deliver more efficient corporate services: Building on the success of several local cooperative efforts and the learnings of leading health services, HealthShare Victoria will seek opportunities to reduce service variation and drive delivery efficiencies.
Our team works in partnership with public health services to understand their requirements, facilitate large-scale collective tenders and manage common-use contracts on behalf of the state.
We connect public health services with suppliers through our collective purchasing power to deliver best-value healthcare outcomes for Victoria’s health sector.
- We source, procure and distribute supplies of goods and services to a diverse range of health services
- We provide expert advice and support, sharing data where necessary
- We support procurement and probity practice improvement to ensure a level playing field and help health services meet these policy requirements
- We work to improve and innovate health supply chain systems and e-commerce
- We support and champion ethical procurement.
We support more than 70 public hospitals and health services across Victoria, travelling around 150,000 km annually in visiting regional and rural health services across the Barwon-South West, Grampians, Loddon Mallee, Hume and Gippsland regions.