HealthShare Victoria (HSV) is an independent statutory authority responsible to the HSV Board and Minister of Health.
The Governor in Council, on the advice of the Minister for Health, appoints the Board to reflect a mix of skills and experience with strong representation from regional and metropolitan health service executives.
Our team works closely with the Department of Health and Human Services to support the growth and success of the Victorian health system.
HSV has a number of legislative functions under the Health Services Act 1998 (Vic), including powers to fulfil the following functions:
- To supply or facilitate supply of goods and services
- To provide advice and training
- To develop policies and practices to promote best value and probity
- To monitor compliance by public hospitals and health services with HPV directions and purchasing policies and to report irregularities to the Minister
- To foster improvements in use of systems and e-commerce
- To maintain useful data and share that with health services
- To ensure probity is maintained in the purchasing, tendering and contracting of public hospitals.